Friday, 15 April 2011

Reflection on the WIP

Screen shot from the dev#13

Well, the WIP ( the one that i uploaded to openprocessing ) has achieved my goal set at the interim presentation 2 weeks ago. It was inspired by many things that i found interesting for this project.

First of all, the most influencing stuff is actually my own work in the first project.The pattern that i used in the current project is a small part of the wallpaper in the previous project that i like.


I want to keep my project 2 complex but tidy just like what i did in the project one. I want to achieve high level of contrast between patterns and other elements to the background. That's why I don't use a lot of color as you can see. It is too distracting ,in my opinion. I just used black, white and red as my main color theme. In the work process, i continually switched the color around and applied it to the different elements until i found it the most eye-satisfying.

While i was working on the color, i came across an inspiring image :


Yes, that is the burning fuse of firework. It would be cool if this kind of motion appear in my project. Then i started to think about how to abstract the image and integrate it to the current pattern. After a while, i finally found a solution. ( see the code in openprocessing for more detail )

Secondly, when i have a tidy and complex image, i need good sounds to go with it. That why i choose the xylophone sounds. They are refined sounds. They sound clean yet have a level of complexity when group them up together.

However, there are still things that make me unhappy as i mentioned in the earlier post. That is the sounds aren't in sync with the image ( the ellipse) whenever the second and so on patterns are generated. I am not sure if it is the computer processing's problem or the code problem. I haven't found a proper solution to solve the problem yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment